The Board of the Gridley Area Chamber of Commerce meets the second Monday of each month from 6:30-7:30 PM at the Chamber offices located at 890 Hazel Street in historic downtown Gridley, California.
The mission of Gridley Area Chamber of Commerce is to support and continue to develop a progressive business community that provides and promotes strong leadership and advocates for its members and the community. The chamber will embrace diversity: demonstrate transparency through open and effective communication, operate with ethics and integrity in all actions. We will foster opportunities for collaboration, partnerships, networking, professional growth, and education.
The Gridley Area Chamber of Commerce Mission is to have a healthy business climate throughout the Gridley, Biggs, Richvale and surrounding areas.
Our Core Values:
- Business growth and success
- Valued member services
- Effective business advocacy
- An enhanced community reputation
We will achieve our mission by:
- Promoting area business
- Providing a forum for business issues (education & networking)
- Advocating on behalf of members
- Assisting business development
- Support activities beneficial to the community
- Economic development and community betterment
Frequently asked questions
Q. What are the benefits of membership?
A. There are great benefits at every level of Membership:
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
GOLD MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS INCLUDE ALL BENEFITS BELOW PLUS:
1. You exemplify dedication and commitment; supporting your Chamber, community and area business climate.
2. Bold listing in our online and print Business Directory with a link to your Website or Facebook page from our Chamber website. Along with your business being featured on our Facebook page when your renewal is paid.
3. Your business cards displayed in historic Chamber office.
4. Recognition at special Chamber events, and in our outreach such as participating in our Butte County Fair booth – a great way to promote your business.
5. Use of Chamber of Commerce Bulk Mail Stamp, a $245 annual value.
1. Meet potential customers and network with the business and service community through a variety of Chamber programs including Mixers, Website, Events, Celebrations, Training, etc.
2. Host a Chamber mixer. The Chamber helps with your promotion, including posting your event in the Chamber Community Calendar online and in-office, on our Facebook and Web page, and with outreach to local media.
3. Have a Ribbon Cutting for a business or organization opening, anniversary or change. The Chamber will announce the event on our website and Facebook page, contact local media and provide giant scissors and long red ribbon and bow for the event. As many members on our Board of Directors will come as are available that day.
4. Listing in our online and print Business Directory with a link to your Website or Facebook page from our Chamber website.
5. We’ll also like your Facebook page and promote select events for your business or organization from the Chamber Facebook page (based on our Web and Facebook policies).
6. Membership Certificate to proudly display in your home, office or business.
7. Display marketing materials at appropriate Chamber events and in our County Fair booth.
8. Qualified to apply for the Board of Directors and Officer status.
INDIVIDUAL AT HOME BUSINESS / SUPPORTING INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP
1. Listing in Chamber Website, with link to your Website, if desired.
2. Invitation to all Chamber events and Mixers along with inclusion in Chamber email updates.
AMBASSADORS AND VOLUNTEERS
1. Invitation to all Chamber events and mixers.
2. Inclusion in Chamber email updates..
Q. How do I join the Gridley Area Chamber of Commerce?
A. Businesses, organizations, and individuals are welcome to join the Chamber. Stop by the Chamber office at 890 Hazel Street in Gridley, or download and mail in an application, here: Gridley Area Chamber of Commerce Member Application.
Q. What areas do you serve?
A. The Chamber serves the municipal and unincorporated areas of Biggs, Gridley, and Richvale in Butte County, California. Membership is open to any business regardless of location.
Q. Is it mandatory for my business to join the Chamber? Are dues automatically assessed?
A. It has never been mandatory to join the chamber, and there are no automatic dues. We welcome and encourage all businesses, as well as organizations and individuals, to join us to create a vibrant and economically sound service area.
Q. How can I get involved?
A. We welcome officers, ambassadors, and volunteers interested in working together congenially to make a positive impact on our communities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
Q. What is the Chamber’s relationship with the City of Gridley, and the City of Biggs?
A. The Chamber of Commerce operates independently of any municipality, though we do receive some funding from City Council. We have a good working relationship with the City of Gridley and the City of Biggs.
Q. Who are the Directors?
A. Our volunteer Board members are:
- Lynne Spencer, President
- Zachary Torres, Vice-president
- Cathy Mills, Treasurer
- Teresa Fuentes, Intern Secretary
- Board Members: Joan Clarke, Robert Trueax, Lisa Van de Hey, Mabel Alcantar, Veronica, Culvyer,
- Ambassadors: Carol Avalos, Joan Clarke, Joe Fontes, Shirley Briggs O’Brien, Barbara Ott, Michael Turner, Marie Wheeler, Jim Montgomery, Carol Brown,
- Junior Ambassadors: Nicole
Q. Do I need a license to do business?
A. Yes, almost always. Please visit your town, municipal, county or state government page for information on business licenses, liquor or food establishments, tax collection, and other legal matters.
The Chamber does not issue or apply for any licenses or permits. It is solely the vendor’s or business’ responsibility to have all necessary permits. Board of health permit below for food vendors. http://www.buttecounty.net/…/Env…/Food/VendorPacket.pdf
- California Board of Equalization: www.boe.ca.gov/
- California Franchise Tax Board: www.ftb.ca.gov/businesses/
- Butte County Economic Development: http://butte-edc.com/permits-and-licenses/
- Butte County: www.buttecounty.net/dds/Planning/planning.htm
- City of Biggs: www.biggs-ca.gov/planning/faqs.htm
- City of Gridley: www.gridley.ca.us/city-departments/finance-department
Q. Ok, I’m ready to start my own business! Where can I get help?
The Northeastern California (NEC) Small Business Development Center offers one-stop business management assistance through one-on-one business consulting, entrepreneur training, referrals and a wide variety of information and guidance to small business owners and potential entrepreneurs in Butte, Glenn and Tehama Counties.
California Board of Equalization offers online services, workshops and seminars, and other guidance for starting and running a business.